If you want to plan something different for your babies first birthday party, consider planning a cake smash party which combines the idea of a cake smash photo shoot and a party.
The craze of the cake smash is a cute way to celebrate your little one’s big milestone of turning one, letting them get messy and play with cake, tasting the icing and having fun. To keep it simple we used the cupcakes for the group cake smash, which the other mums appreciate, as it kept mess to a minimum.
How to plan a cake smash party –
- Choose a venue, inside or outside, we went to Riva Beach club on the palm www.riva-beach.com and for the price of breakfasts for our guests we had a great area to use. Just check wherever it is they don’t mind cake mess, and have a fridge to store the cake until you need it!
- Book a photographer, we used Emotions newborn photography, @emotions_newborn_photography who have loads of perfect props and backdrops to add details for the perfect photo, plus are amazing with children.
- Decorate your area, we had help from Sweet life parties who can create magical backdrops, cake tables, decorations and more. www.sweetlifeparties.com
- Balloons , we love Balloons , so we recommend Happy Bubble Balloons who design to your needs and deliver directly to the venue, and we also love @iloveballoonee www.balloonee.com who send you your very own helium tank and balloon kit so you can make your own.
- Cutest tutu outfits? (sorry boys) we loved www.zahrascloset.com who brings in the most majestic dresses from LA, and www.tutubugabudhabi.littlemajilis.com who hand makes stunning tutus and dresses.
- Entertainment – we hired the lovely ladies from Fairytales @fairytalesdxb who bring music (did anyone request baby shark?) face painting, games and more to add that extra entertainment for the older siblings of the group.
- Last but not least, cakes, we used Magnolia @magnoliabakeryuae for our cake smash cake, cupcakes and main cake for the candle blow out (and they are also on Entertainer). We also love the cookies and cake pops from @nermishmagic.
If you too would like to have a go at your own balloons then Iloveballoonee are offering one lucky reader a helium Balloon kit, with balloons, delivered direct to your door… simply email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your best party photo!