The season is upon us, and yes, so is the food. The winter holidays are always a time of over indulgence in my family, and as we start to prepare for our 7th Dubai festive season I am already planning and researching my food shop. But what do you need and where do you get it from? Here is our mini guide to the best buys this season:
- Marks and Spencer: The UK retailer is a top destination for the tastiest, traditional British fare, opt for a hamper, like the Indulgent treats at AED 179. A Selection of indulgent teatime treats, Belgian curls and chocolates along with a bottle of sparkling rose grape juice elegantly packed in a lovely wicker basket.
- Carrefour: The French Hypermarket stocks all your essential ingredients for a delicious day, we love their French cheese selection, try a Brie with cranberry and Turkey sandwich, President Brie AED 85 per KG.
- Spinneys: For the best Mince Pies head to Spinneys, every year these fresh packed pies are a favourite throughout Dubai, well filled with tasty mincemeat cased in delicious pastry.
- Waitrose: The premium retailer has a broad selection of festive items for your traditional meal, order your Turkey in advance to guarantee it ready on December 25th, they boast the best range of organic and free range, priced individually.
- Choitrams: Choitrams has a good fish selection, for example the Scottish or Norwegian smoked salmon for a festive breakfast, starting from AED 18.
- Union Co-op: Head to your Union Co-op to stock up on your fresh fruit and vegetables, always competitive prices on offer. Treat yourself to strawberries and raspberries, but also get your traditional items such as carrots, potatoes and sprouts.
- Trolley.ae for the ultimate in convenience and for all the items you forgot order online from Trolley. Try the organic dried cranberries AED 13.95 for 100g.